Baked Onion & Garlic Scalloped Potates
Ingredients of Baked Onion & Garlic Scalloped Potates (For 10 Servings)
- 1/2 bag potatoes
- 1 white or yellow onion
- 3 tbsp Minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 litre Heavy Cream (whipping cream)
- Peel and slice potatoes into thin slices.
- Dice onion into small pieces, and fry onion, minced garlic, and vegetable oil in a saucepan (medium-low heat).
- Once the onions have started to caramelize, add 1 liter of heavy cream. Simmer and reduce until thickened.
- Layer the potatoes in a baking pan, adding the thickened sauce and salt/pepper on each layer.
- Cover and bake at 400 for 45 minutes. Then uncover, and bake for a further 30 minutes to get a golden brown top layer.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.